If you’re in the market to buy a home, you might be wondering whether a resale home or new* home is right for you, or maybe you haven’t even considered the possibility of buying a new home. There are lots of advantages to buying a new home, and it may not be as out of reach for you as you may think.
(* “New home” refers to either a home built with the buyer’s input, or one that has recently been built and has not yet been lived in.)
Here are 7 reasons you should buy a new home:
- They are not excessively expensive. It’s true! You can often find a new home in the same price range as comparable resale homes.
- You can make it your own. Sure, you can buy a fixer-upper for cheap and put a ton of money into home improvements and refurbishments, OR you could find a builder you love, find a floorplan that meets your needs and suits your style, and personalize it by choosing from a variety of customization options (depending on the builder). You’ll be the first to live in your home, and that’s a good feeling.
- Low maintenance. It’s probably obvious, but new homes require less maintenance than older homes. If you’ve only rented until now, you don’t know the pain of having to fix a broken sewage line or replacing appliances with your own hard-earned money. But with a new home, you can expect to have properly functioning plumbing and appliances for a good long time, and if you don’t, new homes come with builder and manufacture warranties for your protection.
- Energy-efficient. New homes these days are built with the environment (and your energy spending) in mind, with energy-efficient appliances, insulation, heating and cooling systems, windows and doors, and more. These efforts not only benefit the environment, but will save you money on utility bills.
- Choose your neighborhood. Most new home builders have multiple neighborhoods they build in, giving you options on which part of town to live in. You also have the option of buying your own lot separately and working with a builder to put a home on it.
- New communities have amenities. Many new home communities come with amenities like parks, hiking trails, community pools and recreation centers, clubhouses, and more. We can tell you about the best ones in Colorado Springs!
- Better value/investment. Should you decide to sell your home in the future, a newer home is likely to appraise higher and sell for more than an older resale home.
Glenda Miller of New Home Connection in Colorado Springs can show you, at no extra charge, the homes of many fine builders in order to assist you in locating the right home for you. We have info on a wide selection of new homes throughout the Colorado Springs area priced from the $250,000s (as of March 2018, check with Glenda for current prices!). You choose the price, location and style. We assist.